The Blue Train, a lifestyle brand is ordinarily visited by certain travellers:
- The well-travelled people – who have been there, done that and now The Blue Train or
- The aspirant travellers who are hoping to tick off The Blue Train off their “bucket list’.
- Special celebration travellers – e.g. honey moon couples, anniversaries, etc.
All the above groups enjoy the finer things in life and in comparison to The Blue Train offering would generally still do the following when they visit South Africa:
- Fly Business Class between Johannesburg and Cape Town (at a cost of +- R5 849 ($690-00)
- One nights hotel accommodation in a five star hotel (including breakfast) at an average cost of R 7,239 ($ 853-00)
- Typical lunch and dinner costs per person at a five star hotel averages R 430 ($51-00) for a meal and a glass of wine.
- High tea served at a five star hotel costs + R185 ($22-00) per person – could even be more these days)
- Typical day Kimberley excursion would cost R 115 ($14-00) for the entrance fee and taxi fare.
- The total costs for this itinerary would average R 13,818-00 ($1,628-00)
The Blue Train is not a mode of transport but rather an all-inclusive experience. It has been bestowed with a number of accolades – some of which include being voted The World’s Leading Luxury Train in 2011at the World Travel Awards– the third consecutive year it has achieved this honour!
At a comparative total cost of R 11,585-00 ($ 1,365-00) per person sharing to the above, our guests are treated to a 27-hour Blue Train experience which includes:
- Unsurpassed, world-renowned, luxury travel
- Five-star accommodation
- Personalised Butler service – including unlimited room service, minimum laundry service and portage.
- Unlimited – snacks, gourmet meals, all drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic – including fine wines sourced from top SA winemakers and premium alcoholic brands) and hand-made Cuban cigars.
- Breathtaking views of the countryside – which allow you to experience parts of the country you would not necessarily appreciate and experience when you fly. Not even the discontinued Concord planes could offer you the ever changing views of the countryside!
In an effort to maintain and enhance our service offering to our guests, we would like to bring the following to your attention:
- New Departure Times – Effective from the 1st August 2012, our departure times (from both Pretoria and Cape Town) have been moved forward and will now be 08:30. Guests are requested to check-in an hour prior to departure (08:00 at the latest).
We urge all our clients to refrain from booking any afternoon flights / excursions for their guests subsequent to The Blue Train trip as these may be forfeited should The Blue Train be delayed for any reason.
- Soft refurbishments have been done on both Blue Train sets – in terms of the re-upholstering of the interior in the public areas; an exercise which is implemented every 3-5 years.
VALUE ADD PROMOTIONS
LUXURY BETTER WHEN SHARED VALUE ADD – 1 X COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT’S STAY AT EITHER THE 131 ON HERBERT BAKER PRETORIA OR THE TAJ CAPE TOWN
At the normal Nett or Rack rate, guests get to experience The Blue Train with 1 X complimentary night’s accommodation (bed, breakfast and transfer between the hotel and the station) at either 131 on Herbert Baker in Pretoria OR the Taj Hotel in Cape Town. This special would be available for all new bookings made, paid and guests travelling for the period September – December 2012 and the whole of 2013 (subject to availability). Please note that this offer cannot be used on any discounted rate or combined with any other promotion.
The 131 on Herbert Baker Boutique Hotel is situated in Pretoria and located close to the city centre – with easy access to the highways. This “hidden treasure” offers exquisite interiors, impeccable service and fine cuisine. It overlooks the expansive city of Pretoria and reflects tasteful elegance combined with exceptional attention to detail! Truly South Africa’s best kept secret.
The Taj Cape Town is situated in the historic centre of the city and offers a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architecture. Originally home to the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers, later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new. This luxury five-star hotel is ideally located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance to the famous pedestrian precinct, St George’s Mall and is perfectly situated for those looking to discover authentic Cape Town; and its blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine.