Tales of buccaneering feats and shipwrecked sailors, the legend of Blackbeard… the Cayman Islands have a rich seafaring history with near-mythical status. Today, modern adventurers flock to Grand Cayman for treasures of another kind – sweeping white sands, sunken ships from centuries past, stunning coral formations and turquoise waters. Grand Cayman is the largest of the Cayman Islands, 90 miles away from Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Enjoy a variety of watersports on famous Seven Mile Beach, or simply “Relax Cayman Islands Style” and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of this stunning Caribbean treasure.
- A diver’s dream, underwater adventure abounds in Grand Cayman with more than 200 dive sites with fascinating coral reefs and colorful marine life. A must-see for adventurous souls is Stingray City, noted as the best 12-foot dive in the world. For beginners, dive at Trinity Caves and Orange Canyon.
- The best shore-entry snorkeling spots are south of George Town at Eden Rock and Parrot’s landing. North of town, try the reef just off the West Bay Cemetery on Grand Cayman’s est coast, or the reef-protected shallows of the island’s north and south coasts.
- On land, explore mysterious caves and coves, once hideouts for notorious pirates like Blackbeard and Sir Henry Morgan. Visit the Cayman Turtle Farm, the only green sea-turtle farm of its kind in the world. Considered an endangered species, the green seas turtle is practically extinct elsewhere in the Caribbean.
- Visit Grand Cayman’s Botanic Park and its amazing Heritage and Floral Garden. Just beyond the Floral Garden, the two-acre lake has three small islands with native vegetation, providing a habitat for bird life.
- Caymanians enjoy one of the highest standards of living of the in the West Indies. The island’s main industries are tourism and offshore banking, thanks to the absence of direct taxes.
The Caymans are warm in the summer when the average daily high reaches 85°F (29°C). Winter is drier and cooler, with average daily highs of 75°F (24°C).
Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, and experience a place where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman offers guests an unforgettable and luxurious escape.
Two spectacular pools. Memorable restaurants. A golf course, spa, fitness center and water sports facilities. These are just a few of the things that make the Grand Cayman Beach Suites a truly inspired vacation destination, and one sure to impress even the most discerning traveler. The hotel offers 53 deluxe ocean-view suites appointed with every comfort under the sun. And with a prime location on Seven Mile Beach, a healthy dose of sunshine is always included.free of charge.
The ambiance of sea meeting shore, gracefully swaying palms and the rush of waterfalls awakens the human spirit, and invites guests to relax and enjoy a variety of impeccable amenities. This oceanfront luxury resort is ideally located on Seven Mile Beach. Casa Havana offers unforgettable evening dining experiences. 340 air-conditioned rooms.
Located directly on world famous Seven-Mile Beach, the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort offers 307 tropically appointed guest rooms and suites, some of the largest and most luxurious on the island, all with private balconies and either a king-size or two double beds. The resort also features a full service spa, fitness room, outdoor freshwater pool & whirlpool, salon, Solana on Seven Mile Beach and the Red Parrot for exquisite dining options, and the Lobby & Beach bars, as well as a gift shop, car rental desk, tour desk, and on-site concierge. Best of all, our exceptional staff members are dedicated to serving your needs with grand hospitality known only in the islands.
The Reef is an intimate luxury boutique resort located on the quiet side of the island in an exquisite setting. All accommodations are beachfront with patios offering magnificent views of the Caribbean and cooling ocean breezes.
This Georgian/Caribbean style resort is ideally located on Seven Mile Beach. A wide variety of watersports, both above and beneath the sea are available. Families, couples and singles will never forget this great vacation, which features the best of Grand Cayman. Optional Dive Package for certified divers is also available. 41 air-conditioned rooms.
This all-suite resort is nestled in the heart of “Hotel Row,” just 300 feet from beautiful Seven Mile Beach. Start your day off with a complimentary continental breakfast, and then visit the Don Foster Dive Center to arrange various water adventures. 110 air-conditioned rooms.