07 Days / 06 Nights
This Swiss Travel Costa Rica program is a combination of adventure and relaxing landscapes. This program will start to travel through the rivers in the upside part until the sea level of the Caribbean region, where you will observe the contrasts of Costa Rica Atlantic side the variety of climates and the exuberant nature that will welcome you to this exotic country. This package uses our regular and private unescorted transfers services, guided local excursions and luxury accommodations that will make you have an unforgettable experience, we do hope that you will find attractive this special program toward your distinguish clients.
Day 1: Arrival (SJO) and overnight in San Jose
Day 2: Pacuare River
Day 3: Pacuare River // Horseback Ride
Day 4: Puerto Viejo, Talamanca
Day 5: Puerto Viejo, Talamanca // Visit to Cahuita National Park.
Day 6: Return to San Jose.
Day 7: Departure Day
|DAY BY DAY ITINERARY|
Day 1: SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA
Arrival at the Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO). A Swiss Travel representative will meet and greet you upon arrival and provide you with all the needed documentation for your vacation, such as vouchers, day by day itinerary, main contacts information and phone numbers. Then, you will be transferred to San Jose area where you will be staying at Grano de Oro hotel. Considered an oasis right in the heart of the city, Hotel Grano de Oro still retains its Victorian style tropical, with Spanish tile fountains, small pieces of Costa Rican art, beautiful gardens with tropical flowers, and best of all, his warmth in the service, which will make you feel, the Costa Rican famous hospitality since your arrival.
Day 2: SAN JOSE – PACUARE RIVER Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Early in the morning, you will be driven to the Pacuare River for a day of adventure and adrenaline. A professional guide and the right equipment will be waiting upon your arrival to the river; after some safety instructions, you will start on this incredible rafting journey. In the water, you will experience the exhilaration of riding the waves on this wild and scenic river, which passes through scenic canyons where crystal clear waterfalls plummet down into the rapidly coursing river below. Tall trees and dense green vegetation come right down to the water’s edge. The thick undergrowth of this protected area provides shelter for a variety tropical animals and birds, including some endangered species. When you arrive at the Pacuare Lodge, you’ll find a unique jungle oasis nestled in a most remarkable setting. Modern wooden bungalows with thatched palm roofs are spaced out beneath the trees, providing both privacy and serenity. The two-story main lodge has breezy dining facilities on the first floor, and relaxing chairs in the open-air second floor lounge. After a hearty lunch, you will have the rest of the afternoon at leisure to relax or enjoy the optional activities.
Day 3: PACUARE RIVER Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
After your healthy breakfast you will explore the nature of the surroundings of lodge and you 300 meters from the lodge back to the gondola pass over the Pacuare River that is an experience in itself. When you reach the other side of the river, the horses will be waiting, along with a horseman from the region. Accompanied by one of our guides, the group will travel along a dirt path from which you can appreciate beautiful views of the Pacuare River, as well as protected forest.
The first part of the ride is a climb up to an intermediate point from which you can view the tiny community of Bajo del Tigre. You’ll continue through secondary forest and fields before arriving at this small community. There you can visit the school (during weekdays) and learn about some of the programs the institution is implementing. There is a stop on the way at a refreshing waterfall, where you can swim or take photographs. From there, it is a twenty minute ride to the river, where you’ll say good bye to your horse and cross the river again in gondola before arriving back at the Pacuare Lodge and after a hearty lunch, you will have the rest of the afternoon at leisure to relax or enjoy the optional activities.
Day 4 // PACUARE RIVER – PUERTO VIEJO, TALAMANCA Breakfast & Lunch
In the morning, you’ll awaken to a harmonious melody created by the sound of the river rushing by and the sweet songs of the tropical birds from the thick of the forest. After a breakfast, you’ll launch the rafts again for the third day of the river expedition. Rafting becomes even more thrilling as you begin to use the skills and experience gained before. You may stop to explore side streams that lead to striking waterfalls and pools with a natural waterslide that tempts you to jump right in. Lunch will be served along the river, and when reaching the take out, you can change into dry clothes and head to the drop off point to be pick-up by your private transportation to Caribbean Coast. After a transfer of 3 hours approximately, you will arrive to Le Cameleon Hotel that is a luxury accommodation ideal for you next two nights stay at Puerto Viejo area.
DAY 5 // PUERTO VIEJO, TALAMANCA Breakfast
Today, you will explore the wildlife and soft tide beaches of Cahuita National Park, that is located 20 minutes north from Puerto Viejo town and offer the option of relax in the place hearing the sounds of the ocean or listen the howl of monkeys meanwhile you walk through very safe demark trails. The white color of the sand is derivate from the coral reefs sediment characteristic of this area of Costa Rica and is home of several species of fishes that you could admire with the snorkeling equipment and the help of qualified guides. After this experience you will eat a snack to recover the energies and walk back to the entrance looking the crabs hiding and feeling the warm temperature of this side of the country. After this experience, you will return to your hotel and have rest of the afternoon at leisure to explore the area.
DAY 6 // PUERTO VIEJO, TALAMANCA – SAN JOSE Breakfast
After breakfast, you will have the morning at leisure and after mid-day, you will transfer back to San Jose. Driving time from Puerto Viejo to San Jose will be approximately four hours and you will go back to capital, arriving to rest your last night in this tropical country. If you arrive early and you could go out, several souvenir shops and restaurants are located in the area if want to bring something special to your family and friends when you return to your country
DAY 7 // SAN JOSE – SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Breakfast
Breakfast at the Hotel. Today, you will be transported from your hotel in San Jose to the Juan Santamaria (SJO) International Airport for your departure flight.
END OF SERVICES
Services included in this package:
- Private guided transfer from SJO International Airport to San Jose Downtown Hotel
- Two (2) night accommodations at Grano de Oro Hotel.
- (one night at the beginning and one at the end of the program)
- Two (2) nights / 3 days regular package at Pacuare Lodge.
- Includes: Ground transportation, guided whitewater rafting tour with equipment include, lodging, daily meals.
- Private Horseback ride through Pacuare River surrounds.
- Private unescorted transfer from Siquirres to Puerto Viejo, Talamanca.
- Two (2) night accommodations at Le Cameleon Hotel at Puerto Viejo Areal.
- Private Half day Cahuita and Puerto Vargas National Park.
- Includes: Transportation, English speaking guide, snorkeling equipment, snack and entrance fee.
- Private unescorted transfer from Puerto Viejo to San Jose
- Private unescorted transfer from San Jose Hotel to San Jose International Airport.
- 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 2 dinners.
- Sales taxes.
Services NOT included in this package:
- Air transportation to/from Costa Rica
- Meals not specified in the program.
- Optional activities or tours.
- Tips to guides and/or drivers.
- Local and/or international phone calls.
- Personal and/or medical expenses.
- Airport departure tax
- Prices are net per person non commissionable and subject to change without notice.
- Program are based on a minimum 2 persons
- * By Security reasons, children under 12 years are not allowed. Children up of 12 years pay as adults.
- ** Single Traveling Alone Rate must be used when at the time of reservation, you only have one passenger.
- *** Extra charges, mandatory dinners and minimum stay nights will apply for Christmas, New Year and Easter Week. The program is not valid during these periods of the year, some of the hotels in the program, are requesting mandatory minimum of night stay, extra charges and mandatory extra cost dinners, all this conditions are NOT included in the provided package prices. In case of specific bookings during these periods, please contact your Swiss Travel Service reservation’s agent for additional information.
- If clients do not want to do the horseback ride, they could change this tour by one of options like zipline tour, cannyoning or hike to indigene reserve, please ask to our reservations agents for more information.
DETAILS OF HOTELS
Area / City Hotel Name Category Type of Room CST
San José: Grano de Oro Hotel Boutique Deluxe 4
Pacuare River: Pacuare Lodge Boutique Garden View 5
Puerto Viejo: Le Cameleon Hotel 3 stars Superior N/A
Net rates per person in US dollars, based on minimum 2 passengers.
|Period of Validity||Occupancy|
December 01, 2011 to
April 30, 2012***
|$ 2,047.99||$ 1,449.61||$ 1,302.10||
May 01, 2012 to
June 30, 2012
|$ 1,950.07||$ 1,374.73||$ 1,227.21||
July 01, 2012 to
August 31, 2012
|$ 2,047.99||$ 1,449.61||$ 1,302.10||
September 01, 2012 –
November 30, 2012
|$ 1,950.07||$ 1,374.73||$ 1,227.21||