The Peninsula Bangkok is preparing to celebrate Loy Krathong Festival on Wednesday, 28 November, with a grand party alongside the banks of the Chao Phraya River. The festival originally began as a way for Thai people to give thanks to the Goddess of Water. Nowadays, people float krathongs – delicately crafted floats made of lotus or banana leaves, a candle and incense sticks – on the river to wash away misfortunes and make wishes for the future. At The Peninsula Bangkok’s Loy Krathong celebration, guests will enjoy an evening filled with superb cuisine, stunning fireworks and classical Thai dance, music and puppet shows
performed by the award-winning Joe Louis Theatre. Guests will also have the opportunity to partake in the festival by floating their own krathongs on the Chao Phraya River.
The Peninsula Lawn at River Cafe and Terrace
Enjoy an extravagant buffet dinner and live performances showcasing an award-winning puppet show, live Thai music and dance performances as well as a fireworks display.
Priced at THB 5,490 net per person.
*Children under the age of six dine with our compliments; children aged 6–12 receive a 50% discount off the buffet price at The Peninsula Lawn and River Cafe and Terrace.
A gourmet Thai set dinner in a garden setting is complemented by live Thai music and dance performances as well as a fireworks display. Priced at THB 4,990 net per person.
The Lobby Terrace
Savour a lavish six-course western set menu accompanied by a fireworks display, live Thai music and dance performances. Priced at THB 7,590 net per person on food only and THB 11,990 net per person including unlimited soft drinks and house wine.
From 27 to 29 November, The Peninsula Bangkok is offering a two-night Loy Krathong programme, priced at THB 23,000 plus tax and service charge, for single or double occupancy. The programme includes:
· Deluxe Room
· Daily buffet breakfast at River Cafe and Terrace for one or two person(s)
· Loy Krathong dinner buffet on 28 November at The Peninsula Lawn at River Cafe and Terrace for one or two person(s)
The Peninsula Bangkok recently earned the prestigious Best City Hotel in Asia for 2012 World’s Best Awards from Travel + Leisure. It also ranked No. 3 in the Reader’s Spa Awards in Asia and the Indian subcontinent from Condé Nast Traveler (USA) in March 2012, and ranked No. 1 Best City Hotel in South East Asia in the Gallivanter’s Guide 2011 Awards for Excellence.
Terms and Conditions:
· Room rates are eligible for individual reservations only
· Room rates are subject to a 10% service charge and 7% local government tax
· This package is subject to availability and advance reservations are required
· A minimum stay of two consecutive nights is required
· The room rate includes buffet breakfast and is based on single or double occupancy
· This package cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer(s)
· In case of any dispute, the hotel reserves the right to make the final decision