From November 1 – 3, 2013, the idyllic setting of Saint Lucia is once again host to a roster of renowned health, fitness and wellness experts during the third Annual Health & Wellness Retreat: “Elevate Yourself.” Noted experts include Cat Cora, the only female Iron Chef winner, and Gabrielle Bernstein, featured on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday as a next generation thought leader, who join premier yoga practitioner John Schumacher and Dr. John Douillard, a leading natural health and Ayurveda teacher, along with island-based experts in exercise, weight loss and Tai Chi.
During the three-day retreat this group of experts will provide nutritional, wellness, health, relaxation and beauty advice, tips and hands-on experiences through beachside clinics, healthy cooking demonstrations, wellness seminars and sunrise mediations.
Priced at US $595 per person, the weekend includes daily spa treatments, classes, receptions and transportation from select hotels. A day rate of $200 per person is also available, and a number of the island’s top hotels are offering discounted rates starting at $75 per night. For hotel rates, a complete schedule and more information, visit www.stlucianow.com/hw.
“Saint Lucia has a reputation as a tranquil, rejuvenating and even spiritual destination, with a number of resorts widely recognized for their world-class spa and wellness programs,” said Louis Lewis, Director of Tourism for the Saint Lucia Tourist Board. “Our reputation as a sporting destination is growing as well, and the Health & Wellness Retreat the first weekend of November is the beginning of a month-long focus on Saint Lucia as an active vacation leader.”
Rounding out Health & Wellness month, Saint Lucia will host its first international triathlon, November 22 – 23, challenging participants to swim, bike and run picturesque Pigeon Island. Triathlon organizer Human Race is the largest and most diverse mass participation events company in the United Kingdom hosting over 55 events each year. Human Race Director John Lunt organized the amazing Olympic Triathlon at London 2012. For more information on the Saint Lucia Triathlon, visit www.tristlucia.com.
Retreat to “Lift the Senses”
With time built-in for relaxation and island exploration, the Health & Wellness Retreat will take place in locales across Saint Lucia, from Pigeon Island National Park near the capital of Castries to the natural mud baths of Sulphur Springs in the southwestern town of Soufriere, near the UNESCO World Heritage Pitons.
The diverse program will be led by renowned experts in the wellness field including:
- Cat Cora, known for being the first and only female iron chef on Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” and best-selling author, will lead healthy cooking demonstrations and host the seminar entitled “Elevating your Living.”
- Gabrielle Bernstein, New York Times bestselling author of “May Cause Miracles,” motivational speaker, life coach, and founder of HerFuture.com, a social networking and mentoring website for women, will lead seminars on ‘Living a Miraculous Life’ as well as morning meditation.
- John Schumacher, founder and director of Unity Woods Yoga Center and one of only 13 certified advanced lyengar yoga teachers in the U.S., will lead daily yoga sessions on the basic postures and breathing exercises that energize and center the body.
- Dr. John Douillard D.C., physician, writer, professor and chiropractor specializing in sports medicine, will lead seminars on Ayurvedic, a holistic system of medicine originating in India aiming to provide guidance on achieving healthy lifestyles.
- Dani Devaux, creator of Blood, Sweat and Tears fitness program, will lead multiple sunset beach boot camps based on her high intensity interval training program, designed for all fitness levels.
Each day retreat guests will find a choice of seminars, activities such as guided Rain Forest hikes, beachside Tai Chi and Yoga, and healthy cooking demonstrations led by the experts, as well as the opportunity to indulge in the natural therapeutic benefits of Soufriere’s mineral and mud baths.
About Saint Lucia
One of the Windward Islands of the West Indies’ Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia (pronounced Saint LOO-sha) is nestled halfway down the Eastern Caribbean archipelago. The “Helen of the West Indies,” Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty and diverse attractions, including the signature Piton Mountains – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – a tropical rainforest and one of the world’s few drive-in volcanoes. Culturally rich offerings include the bustling marketplace in the capital of Castries, quaint fishing villages along the coastline, and the annual Saint Lucia Jazz festival. Saint Lucia’s wide range of accommodations includes world-class five-star resorts, all-inclusive resorts, intimate inns and value-oriented properties. Saint Lucia also is home to world class cruise and yachting facilities.