Leonardo, a genius a chef
Validity: until November, 3rd 2013
Everybody knows Leonardo was a genius. However not everybody knows he was vegetarian, devoted to nature and respectful of animals … very uncommon qualities at those age. If he was born in our age he would definitely be a fan of Carlin Petrin and of his philosophy of the food “good, clean and right”. If you wish to know the most curious and unpublished aspects of the relationship between Leonardo and the food, L’Andana suggests you a special proposal to discover the exhibition “Leonardo da Vinci – a genius, a chef” at the Acquagiusta House, organized by Elisabetta Del Dottore. Furthermore you will enjoy a menu inspired by Leonardo’s cuisine created by chef Omar Agostini, you will taste the four Acquagiusta wines produced by Tenuta La Badiola winery and try, after a very relaxing ESPA treatment, the refreshing drink “Acquarosa”, a recipe of Leonardo himself.
- two nights in Deluxe double room at L’Andana
- Tuscan buffet breakfast
- entrance to the exhibition “Leonardo da Vinci – a genius, a chef” at the Acquagiusta House, with special tour guided by Elisabetta De Dottore, curator of the exhibition
- tour “not only wine” at the Acquagiusta winery with historical introduction about the estate and tasting of the four Acquagiusta wines and of And’Olio (the oil produced inside the estate) together with typical Tuscan cold cuts and cheeses.
- a dinner for two by Alain Ducasse inspired and dedicated to Leonardo da Vinci, wines included*
- one ESPA mini-ritual of 1 hour and 50 minutes: body scrub, body wrap, head massage, refreshing shower and full massage with essential oils
- complementary use of the outdoor pool
- daily access at the ESPA wellness centre :vitality swimming pool with sea salt, water massage and waterfalls, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room with aromatherapy and chromotherapy, gym equipped with Technogym
Dedicated to Leonardo
Infusion of carrots, basil and red pepper
Creamy soup of broccoli, anchovy and spicy bread
Rye Pici (typical pasta) with prickly lettuce and porcino mushrooms
Candied lemon and its sorbet
Selection of Tenuta La Badiola Acquagiusta wines
Price and Terms: Euro 660,00 per person in Deluxe room double use, Minimum stay of 2 nights
Tenuta La Badiola is located deep in the Maremma, on the Tuscan coast, facing the island of Elba. The estate comes under the municipality of Castiglione della Pescaia, in the province of Grosseto, and is within easy reach of the main towns in Tuscany (Florence, Siena and Pisa) and numerous important historical, cultural and archaeological sites. The natural landscape this region offers is equally impressive – over 9,000 hectares of Mediterranean macchia and nature parks, protected sanctuaries boasting an unequalled wealth of wildlife.
HOW TO GET TO US
Tenuta La Badiola
58043 Castiglione della Pescaia (Grosseto)