To mark the 25th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall, the Hotel de Rome offers an exclusive Fall of the Wall Package that allows guests to experience the festivities up close in the German capital. The highlight of the celebrations will take place in the evening of November 9th, when more than 8.000 illuminated helium
balloons, stretching along 12km of the former German-German border, will ascend into the sky as a symbol of freedom.
The 125-year-old Hotel de Rome building at the historic Bebelplatz, in the city’s former Eastern part, is tightly linked with the history of Berlin. Built in 1889 as the Dresdner Bank headquarters, it changed into the State Bank of the GDR after 1945 when the area became the soviet sector and was dissolved when the Wall fell in 1989.
As part of the “Fall of the Wall Package” for this special weekend in November, guests can witness this emotional event from the hotel’s roof top terrace.
The “Fall of the Wall Package” is valid from November 7-10, 2014 and includes:
• Three nights stay including breakfast
• 3-hour tour of sites commemorating divided Germany with a private guide
(including Checkpoint Charlie and the Wall Museum)
• Visit of the Asisi Panorama
• A Trabi safari tour: “The Wall Ride” (tour in an East German Trabant car, approx. two hours)
• Champagne and “Currywurst” on the roof top terrace on November 9th
• Special welcome gift
Package price for 2 guests for three nights, double occupancy: Deluxe Room €1.630, Junior Suite €2.150,
Historic Suite: €5.300 (inclusive of VAT and service charge)
Also, all 2014 Traveline Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- $85 EUR Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay
- (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability
For more information, please contact us at 1-888-700-78747.